Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Mommy on a mission! With one more class and exam to go I should be officially certified through DCF to work in a childcare facility by summer's end. I will be able to teach a classroom setting!! I am so proud of myself and I have never been happier! I am currently working at St. Luke's United Methodist Church as a childcare staff member and it's a wonderful place to work! I have such a wonderful support system with my family, friends and the church. I would like to stop and thank God for blessing my family and I. I am headed into a positive direction where I can be good for myself, my family and others. I look to the future with hope and joy. I will be starting at Valencia community college this fall. I will be continuing my pursuit to become a primary or secondary Teacher. I absolutely LOVE what I do!! I look forward to spending time with the kids and developing their minds. I get such joy out of spending time with them and helping them to become intelligent, kind and well rounded people. I want to be a role model for my children to know that no matter what they can achieve their goals and become what they desire to be. I strive to prove to God, myself and others that no matter how life turns out you can accomplish what you dream. I strongly believe though that without a proper foundation and positive support children can become lost and misguided. That is why I hope to be that foundation and guidance for them. I have been through many things that have pushed me back more often than not but because of my faith and support from others I have managed to achieve my goals and to help others. Which is why I strongly believe that without those two things (foundation) and (positive support) life can be very lonely and difficult.

So here I am standing at the threshold of my future. I can clearly see my past. Although I remember a lot of wonderful things there is so much I want to leave behind. I want to leave that pain and bitterness that has held me back for so long. The agony of always feeling like I never amounted to anything and the constant reminder that I never will. I want to overcome those thoughts and live in a positive mindset. So I see my future but vaguely and I want to change that blurry picture and make it a bright and colorful one in clear view. Full of love and wonder! So I have planted my feet firm on the ground and set forth on the path that I believe will change my life for the better. Where I can finally stop look around and be free from the anxiety and pain that has always keep me back. That has always kept me frozen from doing anything but the same old crap. I was scared but I think it would be a lot scarier to stay in that "world" and never get to my picture of perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

RadMommy

My photo
Radically changing the way you see motherhood!