Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Lovely February
What a beautiful new month! Last month I was pretty much sick through its entirety. With a lot on my mind I must get it on out of my brain before I go coo coo. Where to begin.... well Sunday school has been wonderful and I enjoy teaching it! I am very blessed to be able to be with the children and help them grow in a positive way. I am learning so much myself. At times its hard to remember the Lord's words and live how he wants me to but I know with faith and determination I will manage. Oh and a whole lot of support which I have :) I am so ready to begin shadowing a Teacher. I would love to have my own class soon! I still have a few hurdles to jump before I know that will ever happen. Lord give me the strength and resources I need to accomplish what I need in order to be of good use to my family and those I would like to teach.
This month's verse is from Luke 10:27
"You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind, and love your neighbor as yourself."
As I read it I go over in my head how I love the Lord. What is it I do that shows my love for him? I have to explain this to kindergarteners and it helps me to simplify what God is trying to tell us. Its just simple. Keep God first and everything else is easy to do. I feel very honored that the children and adults accept me and believe in me to help bring the Lords words to life!
I am also reading about the different styles of teaching education. As a student learning to become a Teacher and a Mother I am always trying to stay informed. Currently I am reading about the Montessori educational approach. As I read about it I am already taken out of the normal setting of traditional teaching and procedures. For instance 2 1/2 year old children to 6 year old children are all mixed in the same classroom. At first I was thinking WHOA you have got to be kidding but as I kept reading the reasoning behind the mixed classrooms was I then amazed and thought to myself how brilliant! How often are we told what to do rather than choose what to do. The mixed classroom's is just one of the many elements that makes Montessori schools stand out and really pave the way for a new perspective on education. How wonderful would it be to see these advancements in schools across the nation or better yet all over the world! I believe education is important along with creativity. One of the reason's I feel so many children don't reach their personal potential is because we are all brain washed to believe we all learn the same. When in fact our difference's alone make up so much of our education so why not build an institution for the future generations that will teach them in the way they can grow and develop properly instead of being held back to wonder where did they go wrong? Our educational system for a majority of American children is absolutely horrible. We are forced to learn things that aren't always what we are interested in in a very uninteresting way. I hope to make a change in the system for the better somehow.
As usual I have tons of thoughts circling in my mind and some-days are easier than others. Were all human and we all have our ups and downs. I want to be a more understanding and compassionate person. I would like to be someone my children can look up to and say they are proud of. So I am excited a new year is upon us and that I pray to God I won't be getting sick again for a long time.
A very special birthday will be this month!! Yes my sexy stud man Scott's birthday is this month! I feel its perfect since this month is pretty much associated with LOVE. He is such a loving, kind, honest all around wonderful man. Oh and what a man he is!! I love him so very much and I am so blessed to share another year with him! He is a blessing and I am still amazed every single day by him. My love for him grows and grows!! I love you Scott!! Happy early Birthday!! :)
This month is National Black History month among other special days and holidays. I hope to help bring equality to not just those who are black but of some many other races and cultures. To those who in some way are different then the "normal" person. I hope by my words and actions that I can bring forth a little more peace on this earth and help make my time hear somewhat of a preview of the coming life. We can have heaven on earth if we all try.
Thank you Lord for everything! Everyday you amaze and I am so very thankful for it all!!!
May EVERYONE have a lovely February!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.