Thursday, August 29, 2013

a ton of bricks

There it is I feel it the pinch. The sting the pain of having a moment of quiet and truly being able to think and wham it hits you. Your children are getting older. YOU are getting older. My son is in first grade now. He is 6 years old! What?!! He was just a baby. Now he is past the half way mark to double digits. My daughter is 3 years old and I was just thinking of her in preschool. I absolutely LOVE where she goes to school its also where I work. I was just thinking about a child who is having difficulty and how to the child it may seem fast paced and a whole new experience and here we are getting frustrated and almost mad because the child is not up to par yet? I then start thinking about my child and how I have been working closely with her to make sure she is prepared. I am blessed. I have had the opportunity to be home with her. Not many people can say that. It has been such a wonderful blessing for Bella and I. She is now better prepared to enter into a school that is suppose to begin to help prepare you for the next level of education and well life. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I was thinking about this child who is struggling and how my daughter for the most part is doing well. How fast paced the preschool is and how most children only go a few days a week. How can we meet standards which I am sure are in place with good reasoning while making sure each child is set up with a life long love of learning? I just stopped and thought to myself and I wanted to cry about the fact that my babies are growing up. I just pray to God I am doing the best I can for them and their hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

RadMommy

My photo
Radically changing the way you see motherhood!