I have been committing myself to using more coupons and less cash. I like most people struggle daily, weekly, monthly and yearly trying to get by. It's not a matter of just living anymore these days it's about survival. It would be nice not have to use coupons but after beginning this new process I don't think I would ever want to pay full/retail price EVER again! This is a lifestyle choice and I choose to live differently! I find it amusing the more I go out to certain store's they are PACKED full of people in hopes of a good deal. When with a little planning, research and education on WHAT your buying and WHY can you then truly SAVE money.
Here is a list of how I go about using coupons:
1. Write list's of the everyday items/foods that my family use's.
2. Make stockpile space (anywhere in my home). Extra fridge, freezer, pantry, under sinks, laundry rooms, closets etc. Keep items in designated areas ex: toliet paper ( hall closet, under bathroom sink, somewhere near bathroom.)
3. Have an inventory of what is in your stockpile. Label all items with dates.
4. Start menu planning.
5. Set budget's (ex: food budget/essential budget)
6. Buy or make a coupon organizer. Everyone does things differently so find what suits you best. I prefer a giant binder for at home organization and separate coupons holders when out. Along with pens, paper, tape, scissors, highlighter and whatever else helps you stay organized.
7. BEGIN accumulating coupons! Sunday paper's, online website's, blogs, store website's, company website's, Facebook, and so much more. This is when you want to do your research and find the best possible places to get you what you need to save.
8. START at ONE store!!!! WARNING!!!! I tried going to three store's in one day with two kids and let's just say by the end of the day I was exhausted!!! Start out slow get the hang of it at one store. Learn when there sales are, there coupon policy (which you should print and always have with you.) It's hard at first but once you learn the lingo, sales, codes and so much more you will really begin to see a change in your spending and in your lifestyle. I know since beginning this I have now put more of an effort into recycling.
Last but not least!! Set up a NEW e-mail account JUST for coupons, freebies, all the information you might not want to have to sort through.
Last but not least!! Set up a NEW e-mail account JUST for coupons, freebies, all the information you might not want to have to sort through.
There will always be the thrill of getting a deal but what keeps me going is that even though I don't really have much money with coupons I can help provide for my family and not feel so hopeless.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.